Site Inactive
Recruitment
aLt Mumble Status

WednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesday
Notice

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    aLternative - WoW Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aLtCure
Casual

re: A Guide On Macros

A full list of PvP macros updated to 6.0 (Pre-WoD), will update in the future for level 100 content.

Macros are absolutely essential at high-level gameplay.

I don't play DKs, Warlocks, Priests, Paladins, and Shamans at a high level, so feel free to give comments and/or add on to the list.

General Macro Overview

-Standard Multi-Spell Macro-

Any spell without a GCD can be placed into a macro with multiple spells with GCDs, for example you can use the following macro below to cast Nature's Swiftness and Healing in touch in one GCD.

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch

You could also be extreme and do this, but remember only one spell in the list can contain a GCD.

#showtooltip Shield Barrier
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Shield Barrer
/cast Shield Wall
/cast Die by the Sword
/cast Rallying Cry
/cast Last Stand
/cast Shield Block
/use Healthstone

-Standard Targeting Macros-

Targeting macros are incredibly useful. You're able to cast a spell on a target without dropping your current target. You can combine this with modifiers macros for friendly units, party 1, 2, 3 and/or arena 1, 2, 3 targets.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [target=playername] Safeguard

-Modifier Macros-

A general shift modifier macro that casts counterspell when you activate it normally, and casts counterspell on your focus target if you hold shift and the bound key.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [nomodifier:shift] Counterspell
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Counterspell

Another variation of a modifier macro for those that prefer to use arena 1, 2, 3. This macro also shows the tooltip of Nature's Swiftness instead of cyclone. This aids you in tracking the cooldown of your Nature's Swiftness.

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting /cast [nomod:alt, nomod:shift, mod:ctrl] [target=arena1] cyclone /cast [mod:alt, nomod:shift, nomod:ctrl] [target=arena2] cyclone
/cast [nomod:alt, mod:shift, nomod:ctrl] [target=arena3] cyclone

-Mouseover Macros-

An example macro that only casts entangling roots if the target is hostile / harmful and you have your mouse over the target.

#showtooltip Entangling Roots
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover,harm][harm] Entangling Roots

An example macro that will cast dispel over a friendly target when you have your mouse over the target.

#showtooltip Swiftmend
/cast [target=mouseover,help][help] Swiftmend

-Stance Modifier Macros-

Stance macros are used to cast different spells when you're in different stances. This applies for druids, warriors, as well as classes that are able to stealth. In this example macro that I have on my rogue, it casts Premeditation, followed by ambush if I'm in stealth, or if I'm not in stealth, it casts Backstab. It also uses any activatable trinket if I'm in shadow dance.

#showtooltip [stance] Ambush; Backstab
/startattack [nostance]
/cast [nomod,stance] Premeditation
/use [stance:3] 14
/cast [nomod,stance] Ambush; [nomod,nostance] Backstab

-Cancel Aura Macros-

Cancel Auras macros can be used for various situations. In this one here, it cancels Hand of Protection and Deterrence to ensure that I will be able to get my killshot off. Also, it will stop casting steady shot if I'm channeling it.

/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Deterrence
#showtooltip Kill Shot
/cast Kill Shot

Another example is a mage's iceblock macros. In certain situations at high level play, you would want to iceblock out of CC to guarantee a kill. Although this might be risky to use if you have a tendency to double tap your keys. What it basically does is cast iceblock if you are not in iceblock, and cancel iceblock if you're already in iceblock.

#showtooltip Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Ice Block

-Spammable Macros-

Spammable one button macros like this is useful for quick shifting without the need of double tapping. This is extremely useful when you have a warrior constantly applying hamstring or piercing howl on you.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast !Travel Form

Class Specific Macros

In regards to class specific macros, I won't list anything that is already listed above. But I'll list some macro that are less common, but extremely useful.

-Death Knight-

Self heal without targeting yourself

#showtooltip Lichborne
/cast !Lichborne;
/cast [target=player] Death Coil

Death Pact if pet is alive, Raise dead if pet is dead.

#showtooltip
/cast [@pet, exists, nodead]Death Pact;Raise Dead

-Druid-

An all-in-one panic macro. As barkskin and ironbark have no GCD, the only spell being cast in that one second will be cenarion ward. It also uses your healthstone. This macro is extremely useful if you see yourself taking huge damage in the next few seconds. Right after this one GCD, you can resume healing whoever needs healing as you know you would be able to survive incoming damage.

#showtooltip Barkskin
/cast Barkskin
/cast [target=player] Ironbark
/cast [target=player] Cenarion Ward
/use healthstone

-Hunter-

Casts Trap Launcher if you don't have it activated, then casts Freezing Trap. This is spammable and does not cancel your trap launcher aura.

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/stopcasting
/cast !trap launcher
/cast freezing trap

The opposite of the above macro, this cancels your trap launcher to place your trap on yourself immediately.

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Trap Launcher
/cast freezing trap

A very simple yet an extremely useful macro. You can use this macro to both stomp grounding totems and eat traps for your healer.

/cast growl
/petmoveto

A basic Pet CC macro that uses the CC of any pet you have on the specified arena target. You can add modifiers, use focus, or use a mouseover if you prefer to.

/cast [target=arena1] Web Wrap
/cast [target=arena1] Bad Manner
/cast [target=arena1] Lullaby
/cast [target=arena1] Web
/cast [target=arena1] Snatch

-Mage-

Bind this to your mirror image to replace your icon (BlueSquare) after using mirror image. Very useful for arenas. Change playername to your name.

#showtooltip
/cast mirror image
/script SetRaidTarget("playername",6);

This macro will summon your frost elemental if you don't have one up, and will use the same hotkey to cast the pet's frost nova.

#showtooltip
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/petattack
/cast Freeze
/petattack

-Rogue-

As subterfuge always messes up your bars. This macro will ensure subterfuge is cancelled before popping your offensive racial and any activatable trinket, and then cast shadow dance. 

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Subterfuge
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Berserking /use 14 /cast Shadow Dance

This macro will cast stealth, and will not cancel it if the button is hit again. It also stops your attack in case you right-click your target accidentally. Extremely useful when you are spamming to get a re-stealth.

#showtooltip
/cast !Stealth
/stopattack

As with the shadow dance macro, this macro cancels your subterfuge to prevent bar bugs. Also it will cast shadow walk, extremely useful against rogue vs rogue fights. Having shadow walk up will help you get the opener.

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Subterfuge
/cast Vanish
/cast Shadow Walk

-Warrior-

Basic Stance Cycle macro. Hitting this macro would switch you between battle and defensive stance.

#showtooltip Battle Stance
/cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
/cast [stance:2] Battle Stance
/cast [stance:3] Battle Stance

An extremely useful macro to have, with this you can remove hamstring from your bars entirely. What it does it cancel bladestorm or hand of protection and immediately charge towards your current target or anyone that you have your cursor over. The mouseover target takes priority over your current target. If you're not hovering over a target with your cursor, or you're holding right click down, it will simply charge your target and on the second tap, hamstring.

#showtooltip Charge
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/startattack
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][] Charge
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][] Hamstring

-Shaman/Priest/Paladin/Warlock/Monk/-

For the rest of the classes, I don't really play them much. But as far as I know, the macros that you would have to use would be similar as the ones above, the only thing that will be changed will be the names of the spells. For example [/stopcasting /cast grounding totem] etc. 

Other Random Useful Macros

This macro will mount you up on different mounts depending on where you are, and dismount you when you press it again. In this case it mounts a drake when in a flyable area, and a tundra mammoth if in a non-flyable area.

#showtooltip
/use [flyable] Merciless Nether Drake; [nomounted]
/use Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
/dismount [noflying]

Last edited by aLtCure on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Phalangiez-mat

re: A Guide On Macros

/cast !conversion is pretty handy on a DK to spam it aswell

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    aLternative - WoW Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: